Tuesday, November 25, 2014

@TheJLV 2

This blog post is about the twitter user @TheJLV. I posted about him a couple of times, but today was an interesting day to follow him, mostly because of what happened last night in Ferguson. He has not been shy to speak his opinions on race in America before, so today was a good vessel to get his message across. However, one interesting topic came up in that how do you talk to your students about what is happening. Unfortunately, to me anyway, many teachers will shy away from the topic. @TheJLV was direct with his students and gave them a place to vent and discuss. I think this is important for the students. A lot of their time they are in their own echo chamber, if they get to hear other points of view it can be good for getting a better understanding of a topic. This will be how I handle my classroom if ever an important event happens like it did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment